IS COACHING RIGHT FOR YOU?
TRAUMA IMPACTED LIFE OR CAREER?
WANT TO REMOVE LIMITING BELIEFS?
WANT TO PURSUE YOUR DREAMS?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, I can help! As a Certified Trauma Recovery Coach, trauma-informed career coach, and survivor, I can help you navigate through the obstacles that trauma symptoms present and empower you to achieve your life and career goals.
"When we deny the story it defines us, when we own the story, we can write a brave new ending."
TYPES OF COACHING
TRAUMA RECOVERY COACHING
TRAUMA-INFORMED CAREER COACHING
WHAT IS TRAUMA RECOVERING COACHING?
Coaching is a Reflective process
- Coaching allows you to reflect and gain awareness of who you are, what is important to you, your strengths, challenges, and options open to you.
Coaching is a Transformational process
- Courageous questioning of limiting beliefs helps you move from your present reality to where you want to be.
Coaching is a Supportive process
- We all need support and help when we are trying to create major change in our lives. A coach comes alongside you as a peer and fellow traveler on the healing road to provide a listening ear, guidance, and encouragement.
Coaching is a Learning process
- Learning how to navigate the recovery journey and what tools are needed to overcome obstacles along the way is critical to achieving the goals you’ve set.
Coaching is an Empowering process
- Coaches strongly believe in your ability to solve your own problems, even when you don’t believe that yourself.
Coaching is an Individual process
- We are all unique in our experiences and skillset. You get to decide what you need and what your goals are.
WHAT DO TRAUMA RECOVERY COACHES DO?
Trauma Recovery Coaches:
- Acknowledge past traumas but focuses on the present
- Acknowledge with gentle curiosity the maladaptive coping mechanisms, unhealthy behaviors, and broken core beliefs developed through trauma
- Educate clients about the effects of trauma, developmental needs, the neuroscience of trauma, psychoeducation, and coping strategies
- Normalize the healing journey, how healing happens and what growth looks like
- Help clients build a compassionate view of themselves, others, and the world
- Believe that clients have what it takes within themselves to heal, and we help them see that
- Collaborate with clients to create sustainable recovery goals specific to the client, assesses progress against those goals, and adjusts goals, as needed
- Create action steps aligned to goals and identifies obstacles as they arise
- Maintain a safe space for clients to discuss and process where they are in their healing journey
- Empower clients to solve their own problems
- Share personal experiences to let the client know they are not alone and to validate the client’s experience
Trauma Recovery Coaches do not:
- Treat, diagnose, or assess a client’s mental health
- Prescribe and gives advice about medication
- Prescribe treatment
- “Process” trauma with clients
- Work with clients who are at risk for harming themselves or others unless under the care of a therapist or licensed mental health practitioner
- Work outside their window of competence and training
"Adversity will be part of our story, but it doesn't have to be the whole story."
Dr. Arielle Schwartz
WHAT IS A TRAUMA-INFORMED CAREER COACH?
Are you ready to take the next step in your career or reinvent your future? What is stopping you from being able to move forward? Cyndi Bennett's Trauma-Informed Career Coaching sessions help you understand your true career passions and remove the obstacles from your past that are holding you back. Trauma-Informed Career Coaching sessions will guide you through creating your own unique blueprint on how to obtain the career that was meant for you. I will help you understand the value you bring to a company and strengthen your ability to land quality interviews, ultimately leading you on the road to getting hired.
WHAT DOES A TRAUMA-INFORMED CAREER COACHING SESSION ENTAIL?
- One-on-one individualized session
- Thorough review of job history, career passions, and desires
- In-depth exploration of how limiting beliefs and trauma symptoms have impacted career development and advancement
- Identification of strengths
- Development of situational coping skills to minimize trauma-related impacts
- Resume and cover letter reviews and design
- Guidance on strengthening online profile to get noticed
- Interview preparation and role play
ARE YOU READY TO WRITE YOUR BRAVE NEW ENDING?
Contact me and together we’ll design an individualized coaching package based on your needs.